Wednesday 20 August 2014

Mud...

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned my passion for ceramics here, life is too short to go through my old posts, so there it is, I love fired mud! I had a studio in Baltimore Maryland for 11years and taught adult and children's classes at The Baltimore Clayworks and Chesapeake Art Centre. I intend to combine clay and metal in future work, lots of ideas buzzing, I'm determined to squeeze in an evening devoted to clay as often as possible. I visited PotFest in the Park this year, an annual event, I just adore it, stall after stall of highly skilled and imaginative ceramic work, very motivating and in the gorgeous setting of Hutton in the Forest. I'm posting a pic of my buys.... I never return empty handed. This year I bought a mug from one of my favourite ceramic artists from Germany Kathrin Najorka Keramik, I bought a lovely jug from her last year (I'll take a pic and post it) this mug gives me so much pleasure to drink my morning cuppa out of. I also bought a salt glazed bowl and spoon from Southampton artist Liz Gale, roll on next Potfest!!


I will blog more mud.......

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit of a pot fan myself but I don't buy much in the way of new pots, I should do to keep living artists going. I especially like the proportions of the mug which you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love my mug Katrina! I have so many handmade cups and mugs by artists I admire - but there are probably only a handful I regularly use, it must be comfortable to hold in my hand, the lip must not be too thin and the tea a good colour in it!

    ReplyDelete