Sunday 1 May 2011

Well hello

So this is my first post, woo hoo, and for this momentous occasion I am posting a pic of a special birthday present I made for my brother on his fortieth birthday (sorry to mention that bro). It is a silver ring with four gold rings running freely around, these represent each decade of  his life. As he does not tend to wear rings this one hangs from a leather thong - around his neck.


I think he is pleased, and he does wear it, though it is always hard to read brothers!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first post. Brothers can be very difficult , but I'm impressed, it looks difficult to make. Your Etsy site looks lovely. Did you train as a silversmith?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katrina, thankyou for visiting and for your kind comments!! I have trained as a silversmith - amongst other things! As is the case with artists! It was the first time I had made a ring like this - but it was not too difficult, pretty straight forward, bit of a chicken and the egg - do you solder the silver ring first or the gold?! Hope you visit again - I intend to get some work in progress pics up and a couple of my very untidy workshop!

    ReplyDelete